Sunday, January 6, 2008

Pedagogy


Now that school has recommenced after a week-long hiatus, I can feel it sucking all good out of me.

On my own, I am artistically productive. I also go forth with self-prompted research in subjects that capture my attention. Recently it has been insane monarchs, and I have found some interesting stuff.

This school business is successful at keeping me uncreative* and unlearnèd in areas I find most interesting. Instead I must while away the hours doing calculus formulas, reworking french sentences, studying for uninteresting tests, and answering stupid questions about good books.

*Though, I am in a very good creative writing class where I am being pushed harder than ever before.

School is silly:

I was actually yelled at the other day in my art portfolio class for drawing when I should have been watching the poorly put together slide show.

My History teacher does not appreciate questions or comments that originated from but are not pertaining directly to the course material (ie-no discussion).

We are not allowed to sit quietly in the hallway when we don't have a class, instead we must try to get work done in the very noisy cafeteria or library.

Sometimes they randomly close the library and we all have to squeeze into the cafeteria.

Some teachers hate being there more than we do and make sure we know it.

No comments: