Monday, August 18, 2008

I Want to Be Sedated


How cool! A Ramones reference!
But seriously.
I have learned that life can be a lot better when my judgement is impaired. For instance, to illuminate for you what on earth I am talking about, last night I was out to dinner with my parents and some friends of ours. It would be understandable to say that I was incredibley bored. However, wine was served and perhaps overall I had 4 maaayybe 5 glasses. This wine made a conversation like this:
- Yeah we had some trees taken out
- Oh yeah? How was that?
- It went very well. The guys were real charming.
- Oh good! That's excellent!
A hell of a lot more interesting. 

Now for a direct reference to the title of this post:
In the car this morning the song came on. Never before in my life could I have empathized more. My mother was jabbering on again about how she hates our friend's girlfriend. Assholes in sports cars where cutting into traffic. The lady at the checkout counter where I bought my scone had an irritating voice. Radio ads are totally obnoxious and make me want to take an axe to the dashboard...
Perhaps if I could get my hands on a tranquilizer it would all be better.

No comments: