Monday, December 31, 2007

Harold, Maude, 2008


Last night I was watching Harold and Maude - my absolute favorite movie of all time. Normally I don't have "favorites" (because I like too much and usually feel like I'm cheating other quality things...) but this move is the... shit. Honestly, it makes me feel really good every time I watch it. For my birthday my best friend made up these jars of odors like Maude's odoriphics (it was quite cute and very heartfelt). Anyway, the point of mentioning all that was to bring up a transitional quote. At one point in the movie, Maude says:


Harold, everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You just can't let the world judge you too much.


That is what I want 2008 to be. I want to feel free to make an ass out of myself. I am usually very careful and cautious about my words and actions, but if I want to make things happen, I shouldn't feel afraid to look like a fool. And there are things I want to get done this year, hell, there are things I want to get done by next month! The only way to accomplish all this is to actually make an effort. What a novel concept. I can't be bothered by little things like the world.


Yes, this is my year of taking action and being an ass (of sorts). I guess you could call that some sort of resolution. But I don't like that term, it seems half-assed (I know, over using the word, but it fits). I am a Harold but I'd like to become a Maude.

No comments: